We can’t have the Holly Springs Arts Council without YOU!
Membership in our group means being a part of a growing nonprofit in Holly Springs. It also means we can offer more programming for Artists. We want you to become a profitable Artist and get noticed more.
Thank you for the support of the Holly Springs Arts Council. Your vision for the arts in our community and support of our new organization has allowed us to make significant progress during our first five years of operation.
Our nine-member, all volunteer, Board of Directors has been able to achieve many goals, including:
- Hosted our fourth annual Community Arts Festival with a variety of art classes, exhibitions, art vendor shows, Young Artist contests, and the Saturday night gala with unique professional entertainment (you may have noticed our colorful light pole banners on Main Street and around the Cultural Center).
- Organized monthly MeetUps for local artists, the first Tuesday of each month at the Holly Springs Cultural Center, with a focus on professional development.
- Acquired grant money from The Town of Holly Springs, United Arts Council of Wake County, Walmart Foundation and Wells Fargo Bank, totaling $12,000.
- Continued a “pARTnership” with our local schools to promote arts education, awarding a total of $5,000 in grants for programs in the Holly Springs Public Schools.
- Co-hosted an annual event with the Chamber of Commerce: “Grapes, Grains and Giving”. For the 2014 and 2015 events we raised nearly $5,000 from the auction of serving trays customized by local artists. $1,100 was donated to Holly Springs High School’s visual arts department for their student participation in the event.
- Created an “Art ‘Round Town” program, a community supported exhibition that helps to sustain, promote, and maintain a local arts gallery in businesses and public places throughout our town.
However, we are just getting started, and your continued support is needed to make many other goals, like public art – a reality. Please become a member, renewing your membership, or become a supporter by visiting our membership/supporter page today. You can also mail us a check in support to HSAC, 104 West Ballentine Street, Holly Springs, NC 27540
We’re not building an organization; we’re building an Arts Community.
Brenda Priest, President
Holly Springs Arts Council