Trademarks for Artists – what you need to know
Trademarks offer artists a great opportunity to differentiate themselves.
They can be a powerful vehicle for personal expression.
They can also be a headache.
In this workshop we’ll talk about
- How to create trademarks that are likely to be good investments.
- The relationship between trademarks and trademark registrations
- When to use the ™ and ® symbols
- The relationship between trademarks and copyrights
- Some of the ways trademarks aren’t like other property
- The process for applying to register trademarks at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office and strategies to improve the effectiveness of your trademark
Leading this workshop is Triangle attorney and Law & ArtWorks member, Ed Timberlake of Forrest Law Firm. Ed is well known in the Triangle for his work helping artists and other businesses with trademark and other intellectual property issues and a frequent and popular speaker.
Who should attend? – Artists of all disciplines interested in learning more about how to establish and protect their “brand”.
JOIN US FOR HAPPY HOUR!!
RTP Frontier Happy Hour takes place at the Frontier from 4:30 to 6:30. So, come
early, grab a beer and chat with Ed Timberlake, Law + ArtWorks
members and other workshop attendees!